Private-pay clients – payment is due at time of service; a receipt will be provided to submit to your insurer for reimbursement.
Counselling services are not covered by OHIP – however, you may be able to access partial or full coverage through:
- Motor vehicle insurance benefits
- Criminal Injuries Compensation Board (CICB)
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)
- Public Service Health Care Plan (PSHCP)
- Extended health benefit plans (i.e. Empire Life, Sun Life, Blue Cross, Great-West Life, etc)
- EAP providers
- Long–term disability (LTD) carriers
- Benefit plan through DND and RCMP
- First Nations and Inuit Health Branch (FNIHB)
For insurers who provide coverage for psychologists only, third party billing is available. Please contact me directly to discuss this further.
Some insurers require you to obtain a physician’s referral prior to reimbursement. Check with your insurance company or employer for further information.
Payment methods vary by therapist, but in most cases cheque, cash, credit card, PayPal, and Interac e-transfer are accepted. Please discuss this with your therapist, or check their profile for further information.